Saturday, April 11, 2009

BSDA (not for those that get offended easily when it comes to religion.. though I would like some opinions)

Blog Some days In April?

So, my window looks out the this amazing view of Lawrence and Campus.. well and a ginormous air conditioner unit.. but if you look over that part. My window is a little more than half my entire East facing wall. Which is awesome, except in the morning. Like right now, when I can barely see what I am typing because of the flux of sun that is in my room.
Did anyone see the moon last night? It started off huge and blood red at a low level, but when within 30 minutes was the normal size and up in the sky. I thought that never happened, that it was one or the other.

Yesterday was Good Friday, which I didn't know until I invited a friend to a concert and he almost acted appalled. So, I ask a lot of my christian, catholic and friends who had to go to catholic school in high school, why it was called Good Friday and not something like horrible Friday, worst Friday ever, the Friday of Suckith. None of them could explain to me, so I asked my friend who is completely nonreligious, if anyone has been to church less than me--it's him. AND HE KNEW! Well, at least he was the only one who could give me an answer. Which was it is called Good Friday because everyone gets a clean slate and gets a chance to go to heaven. The only way he knew this though is through his dad. His dad went on a huge knowledge binge awhile back and learned about every religion and what makes them work and their entire story... just for fun and to know. I kind of think it is funny an Atheist knows more about Jesus than most of my Christian friends. It always suprises me that some of my smartest friends are very religious. I mean the story of how Jesus came to be, and what happened to him--is extremely far fetched. I mean seriously, a virgin mom? Jesus comes back as, for lack of any other word, a zombie? How is this any more believeable than aliens dropped down and did it, or scientology?

It's early and that is gonna offend someone, I should probably BLIA (Blog less in april)

DFTBA
Danielle

2 comments:

Jacklyn said...

still catholic over here - but i think you'll enjoy this :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDHFAsY6rSA&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emahalo%2Ecom%2FChristianity%5Fin%5Fa%5FNutshell&feature=player_embedded

Jacklyn said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDHFAsY6rSA

here's the shorter link if that doesnt work